We must alert you to the possibility that the Mock International Criminal Court (MICC) mock trials in Krzyzowa, Poland may not be held this year, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- At this writing, our European partner in Berlin has advised us that a final decision has not yet been made.
- We encourage you, however, to apply, providing us with all the information requested in the MICC Application Instructions below.
- We would like to receive your teacher’s recommendation by the end of the school year. However, if this not possible, please inform your teacher that we will extend receipt of the recommendation until the end of June.
- The interviews will be conducted in person, if at all possible. If social distancing is still in force, we will keep you advised of any other arrangements.
- Another scenario could occur. There is a possibility that the program could be held online.
These are uncertain times and making definite plans for the future is difficult. We are all keeping fingers crossed that a vaccine will be developed and all of us and the rest of the world will soon be able to return to normal.
MICC 2020 APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Create a 60-second video, introducing yourself and explaining why this MICC opportunity is important to you. Upload the video to YouTube as an ‘unlisted’ video. The link to your unlisted YouTube video is required below and your application cannot be submitted without it.
- Complete each question below in 250 words or less.
- Attach a one-page resume in PDF format. Your application cannot be submitted without it.
- You will be required to possess a valid U.S. passport for travel. We will need confirmation of your U.S. passport during interviews.
- Request a recommendation from one current teacher. Teachers must submit directly to NMMICCSubmissions@gmail.com before summer vacation begins. The Email Subject line must be formatted: “StudentName_TeacherName_MICCRecommendation“
Deadline for submissions is 12:00 Noon MST, July 17, 2020.